RTJ JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Get your junior involved in our award-winning TPI junior golf program. Classes are year round. Here are some of the many highlights:
- Award-winning programs led by Director of Instruction is Neil Thompson, recipient of the Dixie Section of the PGA's Teacher of the Year Award in 2011 and Player Development Award in 2014. He has also been named an Honorable Mention for U.S. Kids Top 50 National Junior Teacher of the Year for 2011 and 2012.
- All classes taught by qualified PGA golf professionals; assisted by fitness experts.
- Programs designed for all age and ability levels. Age ranges 4-17.
- A place to play. Membership in the program has full access to the Short Course and reduced rates on Championship courses.
- A place to practice. A small bucket of range balls daily is included in the fees.
- A place to call home. Junior golfers are always welcomed and encouraged at Oxmoor Valley.
- Instruction. Pick two classes a week. Saturdays and after school options. See below for full schedule. (Future Stars attend once per week). NOTE our new offering on Wednesdays at the recently reopened Heatherwood Hills and Fitness classes on Thursdays.
- Classes taught at the appropriate age and ability of the golfer. These are designed to make lessons challenging and competitive, yet always fun.
- Evaluations at least three times a year to chart the progress of the juniors. Evaluations include golf and physical skills.
- One-on-one lessons option for program members at a reduced fee.
- Regular on-course lessons and competitions for the juniors.
- All equipment is provided for beginners. We stock a complete line of US Kids clubs and other manufacturers. You can get fit, demo and purchase any equipment from us.
- First class is always FREE. Try us before you commit. Click here to email us to let us know when you are coming for your first class.
"I have been coming to Neil for golf instruction for almost five years. Through hard work on both our parts, I have become a player who both understands my swing and can repeat it under pressure in a tournament. He provides me with a fun and informative learning environment," Dylan Ford, 15, Homewood High School golfer.
Within our TPI program we try to develop the junior athlete and junior golfer hand-in-hand. Experts agree that a child who develops as an athlete will develop their golf skills at a faster rate and peak at a higher level of expertise. The TPI program is broken into different age and ability levels. Hat colors delineating the junior’s golf skills and bracelet colors delineating their athletic skills. Once the junior obtains blue hat level age does not matter, until then the classes are broken into age and ability levels.
- Red hats/bacelet & Red hat/bracelet with white stripe - Beginner levels
- White hats/bracelet & White hat/bracelet with blue stripe - Novice levels
- Blue hats/bracelet & Blue hat/bracelet with green stripe - Intermediate levels
- Green hats/bracelet & Green hat/bracelet with black stripe - Advanced levels
- Black hat/bracelet & Black hat/bracelet with silver stripe - Tour levels
November 2016 - February 2017 Schedule:
Red hats, Red hats with white stripe and white hat levels attend Saturdays from 11:00 am-12:30 pm at Oxmoor Valley; pick either Tuesdays at Oxmoor Valley or Wednesdays in our NEW TPI class at the recently reopened Heatherwood Hills (both from 4:00-5:30pm); and our Fitness Class on Thursdays from 4:00-5:00 pm and 6:00-7:00pm with our trainer, Kendell Jno-Finn, at Homewood Community Center (1632 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, 35209).
White hat with blue stripe and Blue hat levels attend Saturdays at 9:00 -10:30am at Oxmoor Valley; pick either Tuesdays at Oxmoor Valley or Wednesdays in our NEW TPI class at the recently reopened Heatherwood Hills (both from 4:00-5:30pm); and our Fitness Class on Thursdays from 5:00-6:00 pm with our trainer, Kendell Jno-Finn, at Homewood Community Center (1632 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, 35209).
Blue hats with green stripe, Green hats, Green hats with black stripe and Black hat levels attend Saturdays 1:00-3:00pm at Oxmoor Valley; Mondays after school at 4:00-5:30pm (or start earlier than 4:00 if you can) at Oxmoor Valley; and our Fitness Class on Thursdays from 6:00-7:00 pm with our trainer, Kendell Jno-Finn, at Homewood Community Center (1632 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, 35209).
Future Stars, local elementary After School program attendees or first time juniors to the game attend Saturdays at 11:00am-12:30pm at Oxmoor Valley.
*In summary, you get to attend up to three sessions a week, one of which is fitness. If you are beginner or intermediate level, one of your choices includes either Oxmoor Valley on Tuesdays or the recently reopened Heatherwood Hills on Wednesdays. Your choice, depending on convenience of day and location.
These three sessions a week are all included in your monthly TPI payment, so take advantage of them!
REGISTRATION For TPI
- Enrollment Fee includes:
- Unlimited play on the short course (for one year after enrollment)
- 1 small bucket of balls per day (for one year after enrollment)
- Free GHIN membership (establish and continuance of USGA handicap service)
- All evaluations/skill testing.
- All hats and bracelets earned (for one year after enrollment)
- Discount greens fees on championship courses at Oxmoor Valley
- Step 2 - Contact Neil Thompson to schedule your skills evaluation.
- Step 3 - Choose and pay the monthly program fees (just below)
- Step 4 - Start attending classes!
TPI PROGRAM FEES
Pay once and we will debit your card subsequent months for the classes. Let us know if you need to suspend or cancel the monthly fees at any time.
Payment Level 1
1x Week - $90
2x Week - $140
This is for all ages (5-16). Juniors attend classes either once or twice per week.
Payment Level 2
$175 per month
This is for all ages (5-16). Juniors attend classes twice per week. The fees includes one individual 1/2 hour lessons.
Payments Level 3
$210 per month
This is for all ages (5-16). Juniors attend classes twice per week. The fees includes two individual 1/2 hour lessons per month.
$30 per lesson For most we recommend coming to the Beginner or Novice Level classes on Saturdays and through the week. These lessons are ideal for those who want to try the classes without any commitment. We provide all equipment and range balls.