RTJ JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
What does a junior need to develop their game? We believe, apart from awesome parenting and a desire to learn and improve, a junior needs a place to play, a place to practice along with regular lessons and coaching. We cannot directly effect the first point but we can definitely help with the others. All our programs are reflective of this philosophy regardless of age or ability level.
We start them young with classes for juniors ages 5 and above beginning with the Future Star/Young TPI classes. Once we know they are committed we can transition the kids over to the full TPI Program. We host regular competitions for the kids to play in and custom fit and sell the appropriate equipment for them to use and succeed at the game. Our programs are year round and we additionally host Summer Camps during the school holidays during these months.
FUTURE STARS/YOUNG TPI JUNIOR PROGRAM
An ideal opportunity to expose your child to the game. Classes are taught with the TPI Program's red, red with white stripe classes (please click the junior screening icon to the right of the page to learn more). No pre-booking necessary, but you can register online. Clubs and equipment provided. Fees include an end of month competition and prizes each month. The annual TPI enrollment fee is optional.
2014 Class Times and Schedule:
Saturdays, June 7th - Nov 1st from 1-2:30 pm, November 8th - December 27th 2-3:30pm
$75 per month or $25 each week.
TITLEIST PERFORMANCE INSTITUTE (TPI) JUNIOR PROGRAM
This program is a long-term junior developmental program. We develop the junior athlete and junior golfer hand-in-hand. Most experts agree that a child who develops as an athlete will develop golf-skills at a faster rate and peak at a higher level of expertise. Regardless of what level the junior golfer begins the program, it is designed to challenge them and make learning fun. The program is broken into different levels with hat colors delineating the junior’s golf skills and bracelet colors delineating their athletic skills, this is similar to martial arts with their belt colors: Beginner/Novice levels are red hats, red hats with white stripes and white hats; Intermediate level golfers are white hat with blue stripes, blue hats and blue hats with green stripes; Advanced juniors are green hats, green hats with black stripes and above. Maximum 12 per class with 2 instructors.
More info about the TPI Junior Program
How to Register for TPI:
- Step 1 - Pay the annual enrollment fee online or in Oxmoor Valley's Proshop.
- Step 2 - Register for the monthly fees via this webpage (red, blue or green level at the bottom of this page).
- Step 3 - Contact Neil Thompson to schedule your golf and athletic skills evaluation. You will get your hat and bracelet at the first lesson.
- Step 4 - Start attending classes!
- Includes unlimited play on the short course (for one year after enrollment)
- 1 small bucket of balls per day (for one year after enrollment)
- Free GHIN membership (establish and continuance of USGA handicap service)
- Initial Golf Skills and Fundamental Movement Skills Evaluation and Testing (for placement in the program)
- All hats and bracelets earned (for one year after enrollment)
- Discount greens fees on championship courses at Oxmoor Valley
**A junior can attend two classes free of charge before committing to the program**
2014 Class Times and Schedule:
Attend twice per week. One midweek class and the assigned class on Saturdays.
Mondays, August 4th - December 29th 4:30-6pm or
Thursdays, August 7th - December 18th 4:30-6pm
Saturdays, June 7th - December 27th
- Blue hats, Blue hat with green stripe and Green Hats 9-10:30am until 11/1 then 10-11:30am 11/8 onwards
- White hats and White hats with blue stripe 11-12:30pm until 11/1 then 12-1:30am 11/8 onwards
- Red hats and Red hats with white stripe 1-2:30pm until 11/1 then 2-3:30pm 11/8 onwards
TPI Monthly Fees
Pay once and we will debit your card subsequent months for the classes. Let us know if you need to suspend or cancel the monthly fees at any time.
Red payment level
$120 per month
This is for all ages (5-16). Juniors can attend classes twice per week. A junior can attend two classes free of charge before committing to the program.
Blue payment level
$150 per month
This is for all ages (5-16). Juniors can attend classes twice per week. The fees includes one individual 1/2 hour lessons or an hour mini-group lesson per month.
Green payment level
$180 per month
This is for all ages (5-16). Juniors can attend classes twice per week. The fees includes two individual 1/2 hour lessons per month and an hour mini-group lesson per month
Optional Lesson Extras:
Individual 1/2 hour lesson to be taken during the month (must be a TPI member): $30 per lesson